WHAT IS SETTLEMENT?
– This is the day your purchase is finalised
– You become the proud new owner
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
– Sandra Kelly Conveyancing will need to collect from you, or make arrangements for, your final payment
– Conduct a final inspection of the property
– You should have made arrangements for moving, if you are moving in.
– Arrange transfer or connection of services, electricity, telephone, gas etc.
– Confirm the time of settlement with your CPC, you cannot move until settlement is completed
– Have your mail re-directed
– Notify change of address details to appropriate places and organisations
– Sandra Kelly Conveyancing will provide a final settlement sheet advising the financial details of your settlement
WHAT WILL SANDRA KELLY CONVEYANCING DO?
– Arrange attendance and finalise your purchase
– Adjust and pay outstanding council or water rates
– Arrange for the keys to be made available
– Notify Council and Water Authority of change of ownership
– Arrange registration of ownership with the Land Titles Office (this will be attended to by your lender if you have borrowed any money)
NOTE: You do not need to attend the settlement, this is done for you by Sandra Kelly Conveyancing.